Louis Comfort Tiffany, one of the most creative and prolific designers of the late 19th century, declared that his life-long goal was “the pursuit of beauty.”
St. Paul’s Church is fortunate to have thirteen of the main sanctuary windows by Tiffany Studios that illustrate this pursuit of beauty.
The Tiffany studios was called upon repeatedly by the Wideners, Elkins and Fox families to create memorial windows for St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, from the earliest window set in 1897 and the last erected in 1930.
The balance of the windows are by Willets, Reith and the Kolb studios. In the church there are 16 windows, the narthex and tower house seven windows, the chapel has three and the second floor children’s room two. The remaining seven windows are in the Jay Cooke Memorial building.